Monday, February 22, 2010

Sunday Summary 2.21.10

Yesterday was a GREAT day at EBC! First off, the heat worked. We've had the coldest winter in years, and trouble with our heaters for nearly 8 weeks. I actually got hot and took my jacket off. From the spiritual perspective, our song lyrics were all taken straight from Scripture; Lisa knocked it out of the park with her special "Heal the Wounds, but Leave the Scar;" the altar response was strong, and God's Spirit was definitely moving.

Our crowd response was better than I've seen in a long time! Many came to pray during the altar call. One dear lady joined our church family. I know of 8 families ready to join EBC and will be offering a membership class in March. Last night, people were sharing testimonies of those who had been saved, giving testimonies as to why they love Jesus, and a family who is moving shared what EBC had meant in their lives.

I spent both services yesterday preaching from Matthew 24. We looked at signs of the times and how to do ministry in the last days. The world is changing and ministry must change. The challenges are mounting, people are being easily deceived pertaining to spiritual things, doctrine is being placed on the shelf, people are refusing to accept the absolutes of Scripture, tolerance is replacing holiness, and the Bride of Christ seems to have forgotten about preparations for the appearing of the Bridegroom. I felt God was leading me to preach a wakeup call to our local congregation yesterday, and I believe many got it!

No comments: