Monday, May 03, 2010

Sunday Summary 5.2.10

For the past two Sundays, I've had our staff pastors preaching. I believe it is good for our congregation to get to hear them, it is good for them to be able to share what God has placed on their heart, and it is good for me to be able to show my support by sitting there while they are preaching or having the confidence to let them fill the pulpit while I am away. We have a great staff and I am truly honored to be able to work beside them.

Yesterday, David (our children's pastor), preached about having a joy filled life. He did a wonderful job and the message truly challenged our church. As he preached, anyone with children quickly realized how blessed we are to have David working with our children.

God has also been blessing our church with spiritual decisions. Last Sunday, a mother and her two daughters joined our church family. During this week, a man trusted Christ as his Savior. This morning, a child and his uncle were baptized. The uncle was saved during Team Impact at EBC. Praise the Lord!

We are so blessed to see God's Spirit moving in our church. I hope we never get used to or overly familiar with watching people make spiritual decisions.

No comments: