Wednesday, July 07, 2010

AWOL During Busy Few Weeks

The past several weeks have been extra busy, so I apologize for not keeping up with my blog. It was surprising how many people commented... I didn't realize that many were reading.

Over the past several weeks, I made three brief trips to Ft. Lauderdale, Florida to see my 95 year old grandmother. I flew down, then drove down twice with the family. The trips were brief, but it allowed us the opportunity to spend some time with her prior to her passing. We returned yesterday from her funeral services. She was amazing and I'll tell you more about her in another post.

In addition, we were busy preparing for the 7th annual Hartsville Family Fireworks Festival that is held on our campus, I covered extra Hospice visits in the absence of the full-time chaplain, been busy interviewing music candidates, plus carrying out the regular duties of a pastor. Contrary to popular opinion... pastors do work more than one day per week.

So accept my apologies for not posting and I'll try to get back on track.

No comments: