Monday, March 23, 2009

Sunday Summary

WOW! Yesterday's services were truly God led and God designed. Let me explain what I mean. I am an extremely organized person and like to plan ahead. I usually have my sermon topics /texts lined up a year in advance. For whatever reason, this year, I am moving a week at a time. I've been contuing a series on worship and yesterday's title was, "Worship Defeats the Enemy." Ron's congregational set matched the theme. Heather's solo matched the theme. The teen drama fit hand-in-glove to the theme. I was absolutely overwhelmed to see how God orchestrated that service. I've had a bad cold for the past several days and my voice has been very rough, but it gave me no trouble during the message. After the message... I could hardly talk. God is so good!

We closed the morning service by singing. We sang for approximately ten minutes and just praised and worshipped the name of our Lord. People were at the altar, some knelt in their seats, and others were wiping the tears from their faces. God's Spirit was moving!

There were other good things that happened yesterday, but I'm just going to stop there and encourage you to defeat the enemy by praising the Lord! He is able!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We are very excited to see how God is at work at EBC! We are privledged to be a part of this church body. Thank you for being a God fearing committed pastor and shepherd. God is at work and we can see it!
Kim Hanna