Monday, April 02, 2012

Sunday Summary - 4.1.12

Yesterday was another great day in the Lord's house! Our attendance continues to climb, our offerings continue to be strong, and we continue to see spiritual decisions being made. Yesterday, we had Dalton and Tim take the spiritual steps of baptism and church membership. Tim's family also joined with him.

A funny story about Tim... last Sunday, I was giving a tour to some guests, when Tim stopped me. He called me off to the side as though something was wrong and said, "Preacher, you are just the man I was looking for." He said, "I want to get baptized." When I asked Tim about his salvation, he got a big smile and replied, "I was saved three weeks ago during the service, but didn't want to walk forward." Tim and his family began attending EBC as a result of Team Impact, so "thank you" to everyone who had a part in Team Impact... you also had a part in Tim coming to know Christ!

The sermon yesterday was based around the crucifixion of Christ. We talk about it so much that I think we often grow calloused toward it. As the saying goes, "Familiarity breeds contempt." So, I walked our people through the unjust trials, the beatings, the crucifixion, and all the way to the tomb. I was able to present it differently this year, after having walked through the Holy Land last November. It was more real... I had seen those places... I could now speak with authority... it increased my passion... WOW! That passion must have made its way to the hearts of our congregation, as people were moved to tears and the altar was full during our invitation.

Thank God for His plan of salvation. It costs us nothing, but it cost Jesus everything!

No comments: