Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Casting a Vision for 2009

I saw the following quote from Brian Houston on http://www.perrynoble.com/. As I look toward "Vision Sunday" and pray for God to reveal what He wants to do through EBC in 2009, I wondered if this might be part of His answer to me. I ask you to read it carefully and begin to catch the vision for what God may want to do at Emmanuel...

“The church that I see is a church of influence. A church so large in size that the city and nation cannot ignore it. A church growing so quickly that buildings struggle to contain the increase. I see a church whose heartfelt praise and worship touches heaven and changes earth. Worship which influences the praises of people throughout the earth exalting Christ with powerful songs of faith and hope. I see a church whose alters are constantly filled with repentant sinners responding to Christ’s call to salvation. Yes, the church that I see is so dependent on the Holy Spirit that nothing will stop it not stand against it. A church whose people are unified, praying and full of God’s Spirit. The church that I see has a message so clear that lives are being changed forever and potential is fulfilled though the power of His Word. A message beamed to the peoples of the earth through their television screens. I see a church so compassionate that people are drawn from impossible situations into a loving and friendly circle of hope, where answers are found and acceptance is given. I see a people so kingdom-minded that they will count whatever the cost and pay whatever the price to see revival sweep this land. The church that I see is a church to committed to raising, training and empowering a leadership generation to reap the end-time harvest that all its ministries are consumed with this goal. I see a church whose head is Jesus, whose help is the Holy Spirit and whose focus is the Great Commission. Yes, the church that I see could well be our church.”

No comments: