Monday, December 29, 2008

We Have a GREAT Team!

We have a great ministry team! My family and I took time off at Christmas to visit my side of the family. It was so nice to be able to leave and not worry about anything!
  • Our ministry assistants, Stacie and Anna, are so competent and trustworthy. I could never thank them enough for what they do.
  • Our staff pastors, Sherman and Justin, were charged with planning and implementing the plans for the Christmas Eve service. I left them totally on their own and heard nothing but good comments about a wonderful service that families really enjoyed as they focused on the true meaning of Christmas.
  • Lori was out of town, but not to fear... Heather was here. As Ron was bragging on Heather, his exact quote was... "And Heather... well... she was just Heather!" That meant spectacular!
  • Those volunteers led by Dan, who always make sure our sound and video are working properly are too often taken for granted. I greatly appreciate what you do!
  • Mike, thanks for preparing the buildings and making sure everything was unlocked for our people and their guests. You always do a great job and never receive enough praise.
  • John, thanks for the great job you have done working with our children and also helping us move our athletic program forward.
  • Milton Frazier, is the Pastor Emeritus of Emmanuel after serving here for 36 years. He has become my pastor and fills the pulpit when I'm gone. I'm blessed to have him by my side and privileged to be able to learn from him.
  • And I cannot forget our Deacons. These men are this Pastor's right arm. They are my friends, co-laborers, and my greatest prayer warriors. They are godly men and I so appreciate them. They prepared communion for our Christmas Eve service and I'm sure they served in whatever ways were needed.

I just wanted to brag on our team publicly! Too many churches have internal staff struggles, but we have great chemistry. I feel blessed to serve with each staff member and volunteer. Next Monday, we'll be adding a new Children's Pastor to our staff and look forward to the new dimension he will bring to our team. Let me say it again - we have a GREAT team!

No comments: